For today's post, I wanted to share the step by step directions from my Convention swap with you. I had originally posted on June 20th, but neglected to share the directions. So, I hope that you enjoy creating this card for your special someone! My Wednesday Women Club absolutely loved the card that was in their packet today – would welcome your thoughts by posting under this blog post!
- Wetlands stamp set
- Early espresso stamp pad
- Old olive Stamp Pad
- Big Shot
- Woodgrain embossing folder
- sponge dauber
- 7/16" natural trim
- Naturals designer buttons
- early espresso baker's twine
- stampin dimensionals
- mini glue dots
- Early espresso – cut one piece at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and fold in half for base of card
- cut one piece at 3 1/2" x 4 3/4"
- Very vanilla – cut two pieces at 4" x 5 1/4"
- cut one piece at 2 3/4" x 4 1/4"
- Old olive – cut one piece at 3 1/4" x 4 1/2"
Step by Step:
- Run the 4" x 5 1/4" very vanilla through the Big Shot using the woodgrain embossing folder. Attach to the outside of the Early espresso – base of card. Attach the 2nd piece of 4" x 5 1/4" very vanilla card stock to the inside of the Early espresso and stamp as needed for the inside of the card.
- Using early espresso ink, stamp the goose from the Wetlands stamp set onto the center of the 2 3/4" x 4 1/4" very vanilla card stock. Using the greeting from the Wetlands stamp set, stamp over the head of the goose using early espresso card stock. Attach to the old olive – 3 1/4" x 4 1/2" card stock.
- Wrap a piece of 7/16" natural ribbon around the old olive card stock just below the goose image and attach on the back with tape.
- Insert a piece of early espresso bakers twine in the 2 holes of the natural designer buttons and tie in a knot. Attach to the card using a stampin' dimensional.
- Using a sponge dauber, pick up ink from the old olive stamp pad and swirl ink in the grass below the goose (around his feet).
- Put 4 dimensionals on each of the 4 corners of the old olive card stock (on the back of it) and attach to the 3 1/2" x 4 3/4" early espresso card stock.
- Attach all to the early espresso – base of card.
- Your card is finished!