For today’s post, I wanted to share an absolutely fabulous card that I received from Lynne Tormoen at Leadership Conference last week. Isn’t it fabulous?!! This should give you some inspiration to make that special Valentine’s Day card – its’ just around the corner!
To order these supplies, CLICK HERE and have it shipped right to your front door step – Woo Hoo!
- Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set
- Black Staz On stamp pad
- Big Shot
- Adorning Accents embossing folder
- Scalloped heart of hearts embosslits
- Fashionable hearts embosslits
- 2 3/8” scallop circle punch
- 2 ½” circle punch
- Modern label punch
- Word window punch
- Polka dot parade dsp
- Real red – cut one piece at 4 ¼” x 11” – see scoring instruction in #1 below!
- Real red polka dot parade dsp – cut two different designs – one at ¾” x 4 ¼” and one at ½” x 3 ¼”
- Whisper white – cut one piece at 4” x 4” for the inside of the card for your greeting
- Scraps of whisper white, real red, and basic black
Step by Step:
- Score the real red card stock at 2 ½” and 6 ¾” . The 2 ½” flap is the top of the card. Take the 2 ½” circle punch and punch out the right side of the real red card stock on the 2 ½” flap – the punch should be centered over the score line and should have approximately a ½” of real red card stock showing on the right side and 1 3/8” real red card stock showing on the left. Punch out.
- Put the 2 ½” flap into the hearts embossing folder (on the score line) and run through the Big Shot.
- Put the larger flap – at the 6 ¾” score line into the hearts embossing folder and run through the Big Shot.
- On the top 2 ½” flap – tape the ¾” x 4 ¼” polka dot real red dsp on the bottom of the flap.
- Repeat this process with the real red circle dsp – making sure to notch out using scissors or a square punch. Attach over the polka dot dsp as shown in card above.
- Punch out the following:
- Modern label punch – basic black
- Word window punch – stamp Happy Valentines Day using basic black staz on and punch out using word window punch.
- 2 3/8” scallop circle punch – basic black
- Scalloped heart of hearts embosslit – real red and cut out using the Big Shot.
- Fashionable heart of hearts embosslit – whisper white and cut out using the Big Shot.
- Attach your greeting to the 2 ½” flap of the card using dimensionals. Attach a rhinestone to the left of the greeting.
- Fold up the card – all flaps and tape the black scallop circle into the hole that is created. Attach the red heart using mini glue dots. Attach the white heart using a stamping dimensional.,
- Your card is finished!