The Christmas season is among us and I wanted to share the following card with you today. I received this from a demonstrator in a card swap, but have no idea who came up with the design – but, isn't it fabulous?! Please feel free to post your comments below – I would love to hear them!
- Greetings of the Season stamp set
- Night of Navy stamp pad
- Big Shot
- Designer Frames embossing folders
- Northern Flurry Embossing folder
- 1/8" silver ribbon
- wide oval punch
- Smoky slate – cut one piece at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and fold in half for base of card
- soft sky – cut one piece at 4" x 5 1/4"
- scraps of whisper white
Step by Step:
- Put the soft sky card stock – 4" x 5 1/4" through the Big Shot and using the Northern Flurry embossing folder.
- Create an oval template (3 pieces of light cardboard taped together) and put over the oval frame of oval embossing folder from the Designer Frames collection.
- Run it through again using the oval embossing folder from the Designer Frames collection. For set up, use the multi-purpose platform with all tabs down, a shim (piece of card stock) then the embossing folder with the card stock in it that you want to press, then a standard cutting pad. Please note: You only use "ONE" standard cutting pad – not both. Also use another shim adjacent to the oval embossing folder so that the Big Shot does not press a line in the card stock that you don't want.
- Using the wide oval punch, punch a hole in the center of the oval.
- Wrap a piece of 1/8" silver ribbon around the left side of the soft sky card stock and through the hole in the card. Tie in a knot.
- Stamp "Peace on Earth" from the Greetings of the Season stamp set using night of navy ink. Put on the back of the oval cut out using tape. Attach to the smoky slate – base of card.
- Attach rhinestones to each of the centers of the snowflakes.
- Your card is finished!