I am so excited to share another one of the projects that we completed at the Techniques Class in my studio from Monday – what do you think?! The original card was done by a demonstrator friend of mine – Michelle Breton – so simple and creative!
I took a couple of pictures to share with you from the class. Would you like to join us next month or maybe on Online club?! I am in the process of developing the class and will provide more details in the coming days to share with you – so, stay tuned!!!
Here is Dani using the Big Shot station to complete the background for the "Peak a Boo" card:
The whole group! Sandy, Laura, Dani, Judy, Sharon, Linda, Carol, Wilma and Maryon – Woo Hoo! So much fun with these fabulous women!!!
When you attend a techniques class, I set up my display board (isn't if fabulous?!) with other ideas from the stamp sets that were used to develop the class – it is always changing!!!
Sure would LOVE to have you join us next month – I am planning a Taste of Convention Expo for September!! Stay tuned for more details!!!!
Here is another of the cards that we completed along with the step by step directions – enjoy!
- Cycle Celebration stamp set
- Melon Mambo stamp pad
- Gumball green marker
- melon mambo marker
- Big Shot
- Stripes embossing folder
- Decorative Label punch
- Large oval punch
- whisper white 1/4" stitched ribbon
- Stampin' dimensionals
- 2 way glue pen
- dazzling diamonds glitter
- Whisper white – cut one piece at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and fold in half for base of card
- Melon mambo – cut one piece at 4" x 5 1/4"
- Gumball green – cut one piece at 3 3/4" x 5"
- scraps of whisper white
Step by Step:
- Run the 4" x 5 1/4" gumball green card stock through the Big Shot and using the Stripes embossing folder. Using the decorative label punch cut out on the bottom right side of the gumball green card stock to create a peak a boo frame for the greeting. Wrap a piece of ribbon around the top of the gumball green card stock and tie in a faux bow on the left side. Put 4 dimensionals on the back of the gumball green card stock and attach to the melon mambo card stock – but NOT the lower right corner until you get your greeting in there!
- Tape the melon mambo card stock to the base of the whisper white card stock.
- Take a scrap piece of whisper white card stock and stamp using melon mambo ink and the "Celebrate a Sweet Birthday" stamp. Cut out using the decorative label punch. Adhere to the melon mambo card stock in the bottom right corner (where you didn't attach the dimensional!) so that it peaks through the frame that you created. You can now remove the paper backing from the dimensional and secure in place.
- Ink up the "Celebrate a Sweet Birthday" stamp with the old olive marker and the melon mambo marker and stamp onto a scrap piece of whisper white card stock. Punch out using the large oval punch. Attach over the greeting from #4 above and use dimensionals to attach.
- Take a 2 way glue pen and add glue to the hearts in the greeting and then sprinkle with dazzling diamonds glitter. Shake off excess.
- Your card is finished!