Archive for the ‘Christmas Ideas’ Category:
Desperate to get those Christmas cards done?! Look no further than my blog and take a look at one of the Christmas cards that we will be completing at my Christmas Stamp a Stack on Saturday, November 26th from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. in my stamping classrooms – Woo Hoo!
If you don’t live in my neck of the woods, do not despair! You can purchase the kit and I will ship it out to you. The kit will include all of the card stock, ribbons, and embellishments to complete the class. You will use your stamps and ink from home – it’s that easy! You will also receive step-by-step directions on how to assemble the cards and a color photo too.
Specifics of the class:
1. 50 cards will be stamped – 10 each of 5 different ideas
2. All card stock will be cut and packaged for you – all you have to do is stamp!
3. Cost of the class will be $50 (envelopes are included and color, step-by-step directions as well!)
4. Class size is limited to 8 people
5. RSVP deadline is Sunday, November 20th by 5:00 p.m. via phone or email
6. A light meal will be provided for a cost of $5.00 – just put your money in the basket upon arrival!
How do I purchase?! Just send me an email to: Lcaspers@winternet.com and I will send you an invoice via PayPal. You will submit your payment and email address and once your money is received, the package will go out to you via priority mail with no cost for shipping!!!
Here are the items that you will need from home:
- Christmas Lodge stamp set – holiday mini – Item #123767
- Basic black stamp pad – #101179
- Stampin’ dimensionals – #104430
- 2 way glue pen – #100425
- Dazzling diamonds glitter – #102023
- Tape and scissors
Don’t have these supplies at home? You can order 24/7 in my online store by clicking here! All supplies will be shipped to your home!
For today's post, I wanted to share one of the cards that I designed for a Shoebox Swap with my downline (those group of fabulous women who are a part of my Stampin' Up! demonstrators that I sponsor) – and it is just in time for Christmas for you!
Supplies Needed for this card:
- Bravo burgundy – cut one piece at 5 ½” x 8 ½” and fold in half for base of card
- River rock – cut one piece at 4” x 5 ¼”
- Baja breeze – cut one piece at 1 ¾” x 5”
- Very vanilla – cut one piece at 1 ¾” x 5”
- Bravo burgundy – cut one piece at 4” x 4”
- Very vanilla – cut one piece at 3 ¾” x 3 ¾”
- Bravo burgundy – cut one piece at 1 ¾” x 3”
Step by Step:
- Put the 1 ¾” x 5” Baja breeze card stock into the northern flurry embossing folder and run through the Big Shot. Attach to the top of the river rock card stock.
- Put the 1 ¾” x 5” very vanilla card stock into the snowburst embossing folder and run through the Big Shot. Attach to the bottom of the river rock card stock.
- Using the eyelet border punch, punch out one edge of the bravo burgundy card stock. Attach a piece of sticky strip to the middle of the bravo burgundy eyelet border. Take a piece of Baja breeze seam binding ribbon and attach to the sticky strip and bunching up as you adhere it to the sticky strip to create several folds in the ribbon. Attach to the right, middle of the card to cover up the seams from the Baja breeze and very vanilla card.
- Cut out a scallop circle using the 4” x 4” bravo burgundy card stock and run through the Big Shot. Put this scallop circle into the snowburst embossing and run through the Big Shot.
- Using the 3 ¾” x 3 ¾” very vanilla card stock – cut out using the 3” circle die and run through the Big Shot. Stamp the “Joy” star from the stamp set “The Sounding Joy” using river rock ink onto this very vanilla circle. Ink up the “Joy” using bravo burgundy ink and stamp over the top of the river rock star. Attach to the bravo burgundy scallop circle using mini glue dots. Put 3 dimensionals on the back of the ornament and attach to the left side of the card.
- Attach 3 small pearls to the ends of the swirls on the “Joy” greeting and 3 larger pearls in the folds of the Baja breeze seam binding ribbon.
- Your card is finished!
With the Christmas holiday behind us, I would like to thank everyone who sent me a special hand-stamped card – they were fabulous! So fabulous, I thought I would share them with all of you – bookmark this page, you won't want to forget about it – you will be all set for next year's design!
- Created by: Paula Merrill
- Stamp Set: A Cute Christmas – Holiday Mini Catalog - expires January 3rd!
- Created by: Cheryl Bjerke
- Stamp Set: Loads of Love
- Created by: Barb Robach
- Stamp set: Baroque Motifs
- Created by: Sue Hildebrandt
- Stamp set: Season of Joy
- Created by: Karen Lundeen
- Stamp set: Christmas Punch (retired stamp set)
- Created by: Carol Ahrens
- Top Note Die with the Big Shot
- Created by: Krista Clammer
- Stamp set: Christmas Classics
Created by: Sandra Bodensteiner
Stamp Set: Solemn Stillness (retired stamp set)
- Created by: Mercedes Samlaska
- Stamp set: Hedgehog Happiness (retired stamp set)
I received many other cards, pictures, family letters, and I appreciated every single one of them! I can't wait to see what you come up with next year!
Isn't this card stunning? I received it as a swap last fall from one of my downline members - Becky – I LOVE IT! This would be a great Christmas/Winter card wouldn't it – just in time for your own Christmas stamping. Enjoy!
· Winter Post stamp set
· Lovely as a tree stamp set
· Bashful blue stamp pad
· Basic black stamp pad
· Night of navy stamp pad
· Marina Mist stamp pad
· 1 ¼” circle punch
· Blender pens
· Sponge dauber
How to Cut Card Stock:
Whisper white – cut one piece at 5 ½” x 8 ½”
Shimmery white – cut one piece at 3 ¾” x 5”
Night of navy – cut one piece at 4” x 5 ¼”
Scrap pieces of whisper white
Step by Step:
- Stamp the line of trees from Lovely as a tree in basic black ink across the middle of the shimmery white card stock.
- Cut out a 1 ¼” circle punch to create a mask for the moon.
- Cut out a mask to make a snow mask for the base line of the trees.
- Put both the moon mask and the snow mask onto the shimmery white card stock.
- Using the sponge daubers, dab ink from lightest color – bashful blue, marina mist, to night of navy ink over the mask.
- Stamp your greeting in basic black ink on the bottom left hand side of the shimmery white card stock.
- Ink up the skaters using basic black ink and stamp onto a scrap piece of whisper white card stock. Color in using blenders pens and chalk.
- Cut out skaters using paper snips. Add dimensionals to the back of the skaters and attach to the bottom right hand side of the card.
- Your card is finished!
How do I order product for this card? It's easy!
- Phone me at 952-412-6283! or
- Email me at email@example.com or
- On my website at: http://sharistamper.stampinup.net!
All orders can be shipped direct to your door – IT IS SO EASY – WOO HOO!
As many of you know, I was at the Founder's Circle Retreat in St. George, UT the middle of September with the Top 100 Demonstrators of the company along with Shelli Gardner, Co-Founder of Stampin' Up!. What an absolutely fabulous time I had with so many demonstrators from around the United States and Canada! I received this card from Colleen Magness – a demonstrator friend from Virginia and I thought I would share this card with you in time for Christmas.
Here is a list of Supplies Needed for this card:
- Tags Til Christmas – Holiday Mini Catalog – page 24
- Textured Impressions Embossing Folder Northern Flurries – Holiday Mini Catalog – page 26
- Big Shot – page 204 – IB&C
- Decorative Label Punch – Holiday Mini Catalog – page 25
- Small oval punch – page 203 – IB&C
- Craft Whisper White stamp pad – page 169 – IB&C
- Always artichoke Classic stamp pad - page 168 – IB&C
- Always artichoke card stock – page 168 – IB&C
- Real Red Classic stamp pad – page 166 – IB&C
- Real red card stock – page 166 – IB&C
- Crumb Cake card stock – page 169 – IB&C
- Whisper white card stock – page 169 – IB&C
- Whisper white taffeta ribbon – page 191 – IB&C
- Stampin' dimensionals – page 197 – IB&C
- Rhinestone jewels – page 188 – IB&C
- Sponge daubers – page 195 – IB&C
- Mini glue dots – page 197 – IB&C
Step by Step Directions:
- Cut the Always artichoke card stock at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and fold in half for base of card.
- Attach the real red card stock (4" x 5 1/4") to the always artichoke – base of card using snail adhesive.
- Put the crumb cake card stock (3 3/4" x 5") into the Northern Flurries embossing folder and run through the Big Shot to impress the image on the card stock.
- Take a sponge dauber and dab ink over the impressed snowflakes using the Whisper white Craft ink pad. Allow to dry and then add the rhinestones to the center of the snowflakes as shown in the picture. I used a different size of rhinestone for 3 of the snowflakes.
- Attach a small piece of whisper white taffeta ribbon around the top left of the crumb cake card by using snail adhesive on the front and the back to secure. Attach crumb cake card to the real red/always artichoke – base of card using snail adhesive.
- Cut out a designer label punch from a scrap piece of real red card stock. Cut in half.
- Stamp the label from the Tags til Christmas stamp set using Always Artichoke ink and stamp onto a scrap piece of whisper white card stock. Cut out using the designer label punch. Attach the real red designer label pieces from above to the back side of the Tags til Christmas label image using snail adhesive.
- Stamp the label from the Tags til Christmas stamp set AGAIN using Real red ink and stamp onto a scrap piece of whisper white card stock. Cut out "December 25" using the small oval punch. Attach to the center of the designer label from above using stampin' dimensionals.
- Put dimensionals on the back of the ornament that you just created above and attach over the whisper white taffeta ribbon. Tie another piece of whisper white taffeta ribbon into a small bow and attach over the ornament using a mini glue dot.
- Your card is finished!