For today’s post, I wanted to share a box project that I found online that holds 3 cards – I thought it would be great for a gift idea for someone. If you have been following my blog, I did post a card using the “Hello Doily” stamp set – this fits perfectly in the box! Enjoy!
FOR YOU CARD BOX
- Bordering on Romance stamp set
- Layered Labels stamp set
- Soft suede stamp pad
- Big Shot
- Adorning Accents Edgelits
- Apothecary Accents Framelits
- Victoria crochet trim ribbon
- Crumb cake taffeta ribbon
- Small Pearls
- Sticky strip
- soft suede – cut one piece at 6” x 11”
- soft suede – cut two pieces at 1” x 3”
- basic black – cut one piece at 1” x 7”
- Scraps of very vanilla and basic black
Step by Step:
- Score the 6” x 11” card stock at 3 1/8”, 3 ½”, 8”, and 8 3/8”.
- On the shortest flap – run through the big shot using the scalloped edge from the Adorning Accents Edgelits. Do the same thing with the 1” x 7” basic black card stock. Attach the basic black scalloped edge to the scalloped edge of the soft suede flap of the box.
- Taking the long flower stamp from the Bordering on Romance stamp set, ink up using soft suede ink and stamp the images into the center of the scallops. Put a little pearl into the center of each stamped flower.
- Score both of the 1” x 3” soft suede card stocks at 3/8” from each side. Put sticky strip on both of the flaps of these pieces of card stock and attach to the inside of your card box to close up the sides of the box. Fold up the box.
- Wrap a piece of Victoria crochet trim ribbon around the top of the box to keep it closed. Wrap a piece of crumb cake ribbon around the Victoria ribbon and tie in a bow.
- Stamp “For You” from the Layered Labels stamp set onto a scrap piece of very vanilla card stock. Cut out using the Apothecary Accents Framelits and the Big Shot. Cut out the other framelit from a scrap piece of basic black card stock. Attach both framelits together. Put 2 dimensionals on the back of the greeting and place on the bottom right side of the box.
- Put 2 small pearls on either side of the “For You”.
- Your box is finished!