Posts Tagged ‘The Sounding Joy stamp set’
For today's post, I wanted to share one of the cards that I designed for a Shoebox Swap with my downline (those group of fabulous women who are a part of my Stampin' Up! demonstrators that I sponsor) – and it is just in time for Christmas for you!
Supplies Needed for this card:
- Bravo burgundy – cut one piece at 5 ½” x 8 ½” and fold in half for base of card
- River rock – cut one piece at 4” x 5 ¼”
- Baja breeze – cut one piece at 1 ¾” x 5”
- Very vanilla – cut one piece at 1 ¾” x 5”
- Bravo burgundy – cut one piece at 4” x 4”
- Very vanilla – cut one piece at 3 ¾” x 3 ¾”
- Bravo burgundy – cut one piece at 1 ¾” x 3”
Step by Step:
- Put the 1 ¾” x 5” Baja breeze card stock into the northern flurry embossing folder and run through the Big Shot. Attach to the top of the river rock card stock.
- Put the 1 ¾” x 5” very vanilla card stock into the snowburst embossing folder and run through the Big Shot. Attach to the bottom of the river rock card stock.
- Using the eyelet border punch, punch out one edge of the bravo burgundy card stock. Attach a piece of sticky strip to the middle of the bravo burgundy eyelet border. Take a piece of Baja breeze seam binding ribbon and attach to the sticky strip and bunching up as you adhere it to the sticky strip to create several folds in the ribbon. Attach to the right, middle of the card to cover up the seams from the Baja breeze and very vanilla card.
- Cut out a scallop circle using the 4” x 4” bravo burgundy card stock and run through the Big Shot. Put this scallop circle into the snowburst embossing and run through the Big Shot.
- Using the 3 ¾” x 3 ¾” very vanilla card stock – cut out using the 3” circle die and run through the Big Shot. Stamp the “Joy” star from the stamp set “The Sounding Joy” using river rock ink onto this very vanilla circle. Ink up the “Joy” using bravo burgundy ink and stamp over the top of the river rock star. Attach to the bravo burgundy scallop circle using mini glue dots. Put 3 dimensionals on the back of the ornament and attach to the left side of the card.
- Attach 3 small pearls to the ends of the swirls on the “Joy” greeting and 3 larger pearls in the folds of the Baja breeze seam binding ribbon.
- Your card is finished!