Posts Tagged ‘big shot ideas’
For today’s post, I wanted to share a little Strawberry Basket that I created (with some inspiration help from Julie Beltramo!) for my monthly Big Shot Club – what do you think?!
If you are interested in being a part of one of my stamp clubs, please click HERE and I will forward more information to you – it really is a lot of fun to be with other passionate stampers!
- Crumb cake – cut one piece at 6” x 12”
- Real red – cut 5 pieces at 4 ¼” x 5 ½”
- Scraps of real red, old olive, and crumb cake
Step by Step:
- Run the 6” x 12” crumb cake card stock through the Big Shot and using the Box #2 die. Cut off the top of the box. Ink up the woodgrain stamp set using soft suede ink and stamp onto the box. You will have to do this 1-3 times to completely cover the box. Fold up and assemble the box and secure the small flap with sticky strip.
- Cut off a 5/8” x 12” strip from the left over’s of the box to create the handle of the box. Make sure to stamp the handle with the woodgrain stamp set and then attach to the box with a red brad on each side to secure. Tie a real red ribbon (5/8” satin) to one side of the box – approximately 22” long.
- Punch out the following for the greeting ornament on the box – attach with dimensionals
- Wide oval – real red
- Scallop oval – old olive
- Crumb cake – small oval – stamp your greeting on here with soft suede ink and using A Word for you stamp set.
- To create the strawberries – 5 of them:
- Cut out 5 of the large flowers from the flower folds die. Score between each of the petals (4 times per flower) Fold on the score lines and then cut out two of the petals – do this on all of the flowers. After completing this, run through the Big Shot using the Petals a Plenty embossing folder. Secure each of the flowers together.
- Using the crop-a-dile, punch a hole in each of the flower petals.
- Weave a piece of 1/4" grosgrain "top to bottom" through four of the petals. Then on the last petal, weave it bottom to top (this will make it easier to tie on the top).
- Punch out a 5-Petal Flower (as leaves!), and use the crop-a-dile to make double holes in the center. Then pull ribbon ends through and tie on top. Add a dimensional underneath to center the leaves on top.
For today’s post, I wanted to share a card sample that I received from Meg Holland at my recent Stampin’ Up! FREE trip to DisneyWorld. I did change it just a bit, but wanted to give credit to Meg! The stamp set is featured in the new 2012-2013 Idea Book and Catalog that is scheduled to be released on June 1st – how do you like it? Post your comments below – I would love to hear them!
If you would like to pre-order your catalog, please contact me by clicking HERE! If you have purchased Stampin’ Up! product from me in the last year, you can get your complimentary one by just clicking HERE! If not, but you would still like one, you can get yours FREE too with a qualifying order – I have seen it – it just keeps getting better and better!
- Whisper white card stock – cut one piece at 5 ½” x 8 ½”
- Not quite navy card stock – cut one piece at 4” x 5 ¼”
- Whisper white – cut one piece at 4 ¼” x 5 ½”
- Summer Smooches dsp – cut 12 – 1 3/8” squares of different patterns
- Lucky limeade – cut one piece at 2 ½” x 3”
- Whisper white – cut one piece at 2 ¼” x 2 ¾”
- Scraps of whisper white card stock
Step by Step:
- Run the 4” x 5 ¼” not quite navy card stock through the Big Shot using the vintage wallpaper embossing folder. Attach to the whisper white – base of card.
- Tape the 12 summer smooches dsp squares in a random pattern to the 4 ¼” x 5 ½” whisper white card stock. Put the largest label framelit around the paper and cut out. Wrap a piece of pool party seam binding ribbon around the bottom part of the framelit and tie in a knot on the right side. Attach to the center of the card using dimensionals on the back.
- Coloring in the vase with not quite navy marker and the leaves with the lucky limeade marker – stamp the image into the center of the whisper white 2 ¼” x 2 ¾” card stock.
- Put the card stock from #3 above into the oval frame embossing folder and run through the big shot. Punch out the 4 corners using the ticket corner punch.
- Stamp the flower in real red ink and onto a scrap piece of whisper white card stock. Cut out with scissors and put a dimensional on the back of it and adhere to the top of the leaves in #4 above. Attach to the 2 ½” x 3” lucky limeade card stock. Attach 4 rhinestones to each of the four corners where the ticket corner has been punched. Attach all the center of the card and over the ribbon already in place.
- Your card is finished!
For today's post, I wanted to share one of the cards that I designed for a Shoebox Swap with my downline (those group of fabulous women who are a part of my Stampin' Up! demonstrators that I sponsor) – and it is just in time for Christmas for you!
Supplies Needed for this card:
- Bravo burgundy – cut one piece at 5 ½” x 8 ½” and fold in half for base of card
- River rock – cut one piece at 4” x 5 ¼”
- Baja breeze – cut one piece at 1 ¾” x 5”
- Very vanilla – cut one piece at 1 ¾” x 5”
- Bravo burgundy – cut one piece at 4” x 4”
- Very vanilla – cut one piece at 3 ¾” x 3 ¾”
- Bravo burgundy – cut one piece at 1 ¾” x 3”
Step by Step:
- Put the 1 ¾” x 5” Baja breeze card stock into the northern flurry embossing folder and run through the Big Shot. Attach to the top of the river rock card stock.
- Put the 1 ¾” x 5” very vanilla card stock into the snowburst embossing folder and run through the Big Shot. Attach to the bottom of the river rock card stock.
- Using the eyelet border punch, punch out one edge of the bravo burgundy card stock. Attach a piece of sticky strip to the middle of the bravo burgundy eyelet border. Take a piece of Baja breeze seam binding ribbon and attach to the sticky strip and bunching up as you adhere it to the sticky strip to create several folds in the ribbon. Attach to the right, middle of the card to cover up the seams from the Baja breeze and very vanilla card.
- Cut out a scallop circle using the 4” x 4” bravo burgundy card stock and run through the Big Shot. Put this scallop circle into the snowburst embossing and run through the Big Shot.
- Using the 3 ¾” x 3 ¾” very vanilla card stock – cut out using the 3” circle die and run through the Big Shot. Stamp the “Joy” star from the stamp set “The Sounding Joy” using river rock ink onto this very vanilla circle. Ink up the “Joy” using bravo burgundy ink and stamp over the top of the river rock star. Attach to the bravo burgundy scallop circle using mini glue dots. Put 3 dimensionals on the back of the ornament and attach to the left side of the card.
- Attach 3 small pearls to the ends of the swirls on the “Joy” greeting and 3 larger pearls in the folds of the Baja breeze seam binding ribbon.
- Your card is finished!
Here are the supplies to make this project:
- #113439 – Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
- #113463 – Top Note Die
- #114890 – Matchbox Die
- #119854 – 1 3/4" scallop circle punch
- #117191 – Two step extra large bird punch
- #119881 – Heart to Heart extra large punch
- #119873 – 1" circle punch
- #119868 – 3/4" circle punch
- #119861 – 1 1/4" circle punch
- #119948 – 12" x 12" soft suede textured card stock
- #100730 – 8 1/2" x 11" whisper white card stock
- #111350 – 8 1/2" x 11" pacific point card stock
- #105117 – 8 1/2" x 11" pumpkin pie card stock
- #111351 – 8 1/2" x 11" pink pirouette card stock
- #121045 – 8 1/2" x 11" basic black card stock
- #102482 – 8 1/2" x 11" real red card stock
- #101610 – sponges
- #105021 – white gel pen
Step by Step Directions:
To be cut from the Soft Suede Textured card stock using the Big Shot:
- one using the matchbox die – fold up and put together
- one using the top note die – fold in half the short way
To be cut from the Soft Suede Textured card stock using the following punches:
- 3 scallop circles
- 2 extra large birds – just the birds
- 1 – 1 1/4" circle punch – cut in half to make the lids of the eyes
To be cut from the Whisper white card stock using the following punches:
- 2 – 1 1/4" circle punches
To be cut from the Pink Pirouette card stock using the following punches:
- 1 scallop circle
To be cut from the Pumpkin pie card stock using the following punches:
- 3 hearts from the Heart to Heart punch
To be cut from the Red red card stock using the following punches:
- 1 small heart from the Heart to Heart punch
To be cut from the Pacific Point card stock using the following punches:
- 2 – 1" circle punches
To be cut from the Basic black card stock using the following punches:
- 2 – 3/4" circle punches
Assemble as shown in picture above – make sure to brush edges of all of the soft suede punched out images and top note die using your sponges and soft suede ink before assembling. Use the white gel pen to make the whites of the eyes and the small white mark on the nose. Fill with chocolate nugget candy - mine were wrapped with a coordinating color of background paper!
Okay, now I have this really cute project – HOW DO I ORDER?!
- Click here to order 24-7 on my website!
- Phone me at 952-412-6283 and I will place your order!
- Email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org and I will place your order!
VISA, MasterCard, and Discover cards are accepted! It is so easy and orders are shipped direct to your door!
I adore flowers! And this card is just the ticket if you are a flower lover too – what do you think?! Stamps and accessories from the Occasions Mini catalog are featured in this quick and cute card.
- #121812 – Bigz L Fun Flower Die
- #113439 – Big Shot
- #122268 – You're a Gem Stamp set
- #119670 – Early Espresso classic stamp pad
- #122302 – Big Designer Button – Sweet Stitches
- #100730 – Whisper white card stock
- #105118 – So Saffron card stock
- #119685 – Cherry Cobbler card stock
- #100702 – Old olive card stock
- #117152 – Subtles Patterns Designer Series Paper Pack
- #117191 - 2 step extra large bird punch
- #103683 – mini glue dots
- #104332 – snail adhesive
Would love to hear your comments – just post them below! Happy stamping!