Father’s Day is just around the corner and I wanted to share a masculine card with each of you so that you can get your last minute cards done! I got the inspiration from Nancy Riley’s blog – just changed a couple of things on it by using the new Fancy Fan embossing folder and the Itty Bitty Banner framelits. What do you think?! I would love to have you post your comments below!
- Best Dad Ever stamp set
- Basic black stamp pad
- Big Shot
- Fancy Fan Embossing folder
- Bitty Banners Framelits
- Neutrals Collection dsp
- Stampin’ dimensionals
- Neutrals buttons
- White bakers twine
- Neutrals buttons
- Basic black – cut one piece at 5 ½” x 8 ½” and fold in half for base of card
- Whisper white – cut two pieces at 4” x 5 ¼” – one is for the inside of the card
- Basic black – cut one piece at 2 ¾” x 4” and cut one piece at 3 ¾” x 2 ¾”
- Whisper white – cut one piece at 2 ½” x 3 ¼”
- Neutrals dsp – cut one piece at 2 ½” x 3 ½”
- Scraps of whisper white
Step by Step:
- Take one piece of whisper white card stock and attach to inside of basic black – base of card. This is to write your message on the inside of the card!
- Run the other piece of whisper white card stock through the Big Shot and using the Fancy Fan embossing folder. Attach to front of basic black – base of card.
- Attach the basic black polka dot dsp from the Neutrals pack to the 2 ¾” x 4” basic black card stock. Attach to the left side of the front of the card.
- Ink up the ties from the Best Dad Ever stamp set using basic black ink and stamp onto the 2 1/2” x 3 ¾” whisper white card stock. Attach to the basic black – 2 ¾” x 3 ¾” card stock. Attach all to the center of the card.
- Stamp the polka dot tie separately on another piece of whisper white card stock using basic black ink. Cut out the polka dot tie. Put a couple of dimensionals on the back of the tie and put over the first tie that you already stamped – to give it dimension.
- Attach a small rhinestone over the solid black tie.
- Take a piece of whisper white card stock and run through the Big Shot using the Bitty Banners die – the one with the two notches out of it. Stamp “Thinking of You” using basic black ink. Attach two dimensionals on the back of this greeting and put below the tie images. Insert a white piece of bakers twine in the holes in a basic black button and tie in a knot. Put a dimensional on the back of the button and attach to the left of your greeting.
- Your card is finished!