Here's another sneak peak with the stamp set – "Crafting Forever" that I created for Minneapolis OnStage. I used the Sliding Stars framelits collection that is on the current Retiring List to create the "channel" for the spinner that says "We are Cut out to be Friends". I think this is so adorable! What do you think?! They are still available for purchase – so don't delay! Once they are gone, they are gone for good!
Now, here is the card with the project directions – I hope you enjoy making it!
- Whisper white – cut one piece at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and fold in half for base of card
- Basic black – cut one piece at 5 1/4" x 4"
- Melon Mambo – cut one piece at 3 7/8" x 4 7/8"
- Scraps of whisper white and basic black
- Crafting Forever stamp set – available June 1st!
- Big shot – #143263
- Hexagons Embossing folder – #143231
- Magnetic platform – #130658
- Layering circles framelits – #141705
- 1 3/4" circle punch – #119850
- 1 1/2" circle punch – #138299
- Black memento stamp pad – #132708
- Melon Mambo marker – #131259
- Smoky slate marker – #131261
- Stampin' dimensionals – #104430
Step by Step Directions:
- Attach the 4" x 5 1/4" basic black card stock to the 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" whisper white – base of card.
- Use the large circle from the Sliding stars framelits collection and place in the center of the melon mambo card stock (3 7/8" x 4 7/8"). Run through the Big shot using the magnetic platform. Set aside the 2 pieces that cut out from the middle.
- Put the 3 7/8" x 4 7/8" melon mambo card stock into the Hexagon embossing folder and run through the Big shot. Place a dimensional on the back of the melon mambo card stock in the 4 corners – close to the edge of the card stock and also on the 2 short sides. Remove paper backings and attach to the 4" x 5 1/4" basic black card stock.
- Stamp the scissors from the Crafting Forever stamp set onto a scrap piece of whisper white card stock using the black memento stamp pad. Using the 2 1/4" scalloped circle framelit from the layering circles framelits collection, cut out using the magnetic platform and the Big shot. Color in the scissors as shown above using the melon mambo and smoky slate markers. Put 2 dimensionals on the back of the whisper white card stock and then put onto the 2 1/2" melon mambo circle left over from #2 above. Put 4 dimensionals on the back of the melon mambo circle and then attach to the center of the card – where the black card is showing through.
- To make the spinner, stamp "We are cut out to be friends" (isn't that so clever and cute?!), onto a scrap piece of whisper white card stock and cut out using the 1 1/2" circle punch. Cut out a 1 3/4" circle using the corresponding punch and attach both circles together. Put one dimensional on the back of the black 1 3/4" circle and then attach a penny to it. Put 2 dimensionals on the back of the penny – one of top of the other and then attach another penny. This creates your spinner and should be able to go right in the 1/2" groove of the card.
- We now know that this card is worth at least 2 cents!!! And, your card is finished!