Archive for September, 2011:
It’s time to start thinking Halloween and I have just the card to share with you for today’s post! I received this card from a very talented demonstrator in a Holiday Mini card swap that I participated in – but, no name was put on the back, but it sure is wicked cute!
Here are the supplies and step by step directions for you to duplicate at home. You can get all of the supplies for this by clicking HERE and having the order shipped direct to your door. You just need to create a customer profile and just start clicking away – it’s easy to do and online ordering is available 24/7!!!
- Warmest of Wishes stamp set – 2011 Holiday Mini Hostess
- Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set
- Big Shot
- Spider Web embossing folder
- Basic black stamp pad
- Pumpkin pie marker
- Owl punch
- Stampin’ dimensionals
- ¼” pumpkin pie grosgrain ribbon
- Basic black polka dot ribbon
- Basic black – cut one piece at 5 ½” x 8 ½” and fold in half for base of card
- Cut one piece at 2 ¾” x 3 ½”
- Pumpkin pie – cut one piece at 4” x 5 ¼”
- Whisper white – cut one piece at 2 ½” x 3 ¼”
- Scraps of whisper white
Step by Step:
- Put the 4” x 5 ¼” pumpkin pie card stock into the spider web embossing folder and run through the Big Shot. Attach to the basic black card stock – base of card.
- Using a scrap piece of whisper white card stock, stamp the owl from the Warmest of Wishes stamp set using basic black ink. Cut out using the owl punch. Color in owl’s beak and treat bag using pumpkin marker. Attach 2 dimensionals on the back of the owl.
- Attach the smallest piece of whisper white card stock and basic black card stock together. Wrap the basic black polka dot ribbon around the bottom of the card stock in #3 above and secure ends on back. Tie a piece of ¼” pumpkin pie grosgrain ribbon around the black ribbon. Put a dimensional on each of the 4 corners of #3 above and attach to the center of the card.
- Stamp your greeting – “happy Halloween” in basic black ink just above the ribbon.
- Remove paper backings from the back of the owl and put above your greeting.
- Your card is finished!
Do you have questions on your 3/16" Corner Punch? Is it working the way you had hoped? If you're having trouble achieving the results you want, watch this helpful training video provided by Brian Pilling from Stampin' Up!'s home office. I hope these tips and tricks will help you better utilize your 3/16" Corner Punch – enjoy!
If you would like to get automatic updates from my blog on card ideas, tips and tricks on all kinds of stamping items, please sign up with your email address on the side bar of my blog under "SUBSCRIBE" - it's easy to do! If you would like to receive my newsletter each month with specials from Stampin' Up! and classes and clubs that I offer, sign up in my "Newsletter" section on the left side bar!
Aren’t the new Triple Layer Punches absolutely fabulous?!! The following video has been prepared by Shannon West from Stampin’ Up! to give you some tips and tricks on how to use these punches on your projects.
Now that you have seen them in action, you just have to have them, don’t you?!! Click HERE to place your order online 24/7 and shipped direct to your door – Woo Hoo! Enjoy your new punches!!